Configuring the Emergency Alert System in SIS
The Emergency Alert System is a new system setup by the university to inform the campus community of immediate dangers and emergencies on campus. To utilize this system, you must register your phone numbers/emails through SIS. It is strongly encouraged that all students sign up for the Emergency Alert System.
Configuring the Emergency Alert System
- Login to the SIS system: https://sis.umflint.edu
- Click Personal Information
- Click Sign Up for UM-Flint Emergency Alerts
- Register up to 2 phone numbers, and up to 1 text messaging number. A phone number consists of the area code, phone number, and the optional International Access Code.
- Add – Allows you to add a new number to the specified category.
- Edit – Allows you to edit a number that is already in the system for that category
- Delete – Allows you to delete the specified number. Only delete the number if you wish to not receive the alerts at the specified number.
- When a number is entered, be sure to click Save