What is Web4U?
Web4U is an option available from within the Student Information System (SIS) that allows a student to grant access to another person to view their student information/records at the University of Michigan-Flint.
How do I Grant Access to Another Person?
You, as a student, can grant a person access to view your financial aid, registration and/or student account billing information.
To grant another person access to this information please follow the steps below:
- Log into SIS at https://sis.umflint.edu/
- Click the Web4U Tab
- Click Change Selected Person from the Web4U Access Menu.
- Click the Click Here link to add a new person.
- Enter the person’s SSN or UMID
- Continue entering their data until they have been successfully added to your account.
After you have selected the person you wish to authorize, you need to select what information you would like them to be able to view.
- Click the Web4U Tab
- Click Authorize Student Information from the Web4U Access Menu.
On the Authorize Student Information page you can select what you would like this person to be able to see by checking or unchecking the checkbox in front of the item. Or you may use the “Enable All” or “Disable All” button to select/unselect all options at once.
Changes will take effect immediately upon saving but can be changed at anytime.
What Information Can they See About Me?
Students can grant a person access to view financial aid, registration and/or student account billing information. You can enable or disable their ability to view any or all of the following information:
- Student’s Email Address
- Account Summary Totals
- Student’s Emergency Contact Information
- Financial Aid Hold Information
- Student’s Address and Phone Number
- Overall Status of Financial Aid by Aid Year
- Student’s Academic Holds
- Financial Aid Requirements
- Academic Transcript
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (FinAid)
- Final Grades
- Financial Aid Requirement Messages
- Class Schedule by Day and Time
- Financial Aid Award History
- Detailed Class Schedule
- Financial Aid Award Package
- Account Summary by Term
- Financial Aid Loan Detail
How Can My Parents (or Another Guest) See this Information?
After you sign someone up as an authorized user to your information, they will receive email messages containing user ID, password, and basic instructions on how to get into the website and view your information.
To View The Student Data:
- Log into SIS at https://sis.umflint.edu/ using the ID and Password provided in the email
- Click the Web4U Tab
- Click Change Selected Student in the Web4U Access Menu.
- Click the Student you wish to view
- Click Show Student Information from the Web4U Access Menu.
Where to Learn More About SIS?
If you are having a problem accessing SIS or have any other questions regarding SIS you may refer to the What is SIS? Quicknote or contact the ITS Helpdesk in one of two ways.
- What is SIS? – http://www.umflint.edu/helpdesk/perm/student-information-system-sis/what-is-sis-2/
- ITS Contact Us Form: http://www.umflint.edu/helpdesk/contact-us/
- ITS Helpdesk Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- ITS Helpdesk Phone – 810-766-6804
- ITS Website for Hours and Locations – www.umflint.edu/helpdesk
Where to Learn More About FERPA?
For more information regarding FERPA please review the information on the Registrar’s website linked below.
Who to Contact For Help?
- General questions about the information displayed in SIS or advice on how to handle an issue should be directed to the appropriate office.
- Loans and other Financial questions should be directed to Financial Aid at 810-762-3444 or Financial_Aid@list.umflint.edu
- Schedule related problems should be directed to the Registrar at 810-762-3344 or email@example.com
- New student or Web4U questions should be directed to the Academic Advising Office at 810-762-3085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For technical questions regarding SIS please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 810-766-6804 or email@example.com.
Students Granting Students Access
If you are student and someone has granted you access to view thier data please note the information below to view your own data.
After viewing another student’s information through Web4U, you must deselect the other student by selecting None on the Select Student page of Web4U.