How to uninstall a Program on Windows 7, XP, and Vista
This quicknote will allow you to remove an unwanted program from any computer that uses Windows 7, Vista, or XP.
Uninstalling a Program from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start Orb
- Click Control panel
- Make sure you are in the category view in control panel (indicated in the top right hand corner)
- Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs heading.
- Search for the program that you want to remove and select it
- Click Uninstall from the options at the top of the list
The program will now prompt you to complete the steps for uninstalling that particular program.
Uninstalling a Program from Windows XP:
- Click the Start menu
- Click Control Panel
- Click Switch to Category View, if you are not already in this view
- Click ADD or Remove Programs
- Select the program that you want to remove
- Click Change /Remove or Remove
The Program will now prompt you to complete the steps for uninstalling that particular program.