Dr. Bruce A. Rubenstein
Degrees: Ph.D., Michigan State University, 1974; M.A., Michigan State University, 1968; B.A., Michigan State University 1967.
Field: Modern America
Research Interests: Michigan history, Sports history, American Indians and the American West; Political History.
- Michigan: A History of the Great Lake State, Co-author Lawrence E. Ziewacz. Harlan Davidson, 2007 (Fourth Edition)
- "Chicago in the World Series: The Cubs and White Sox in Championship Play, 1903-2005". McFarland & Co., 2006
- "George Armstrong Custer,"Great Lives From History (Salem Press, 1987)
- "To Destroy a Culture: Indian Education in Michigan," Michigan History, Summer 1976.
Dr. Roy Hanashiro, Department Chair
Degree: Ph.D., University of Hawaii, 1988; M.A., University of Hawaii, 1978; B.A., University of Hawaii, 1976.
Field: East Asia; Japan
Research Interest: Modern Japan; Asian economic history
- Thomas William Kinder and The Japanese Imperial Mint, 1868-1875. Leiden: Brill Academic Press, 1999.
- "In the Midst of Western Imperialism: Japanese-Hawaiian Relation during the Mid-nineteenth Century," Study of Economic History, 3 (1999): 143-167.
- "The Japanese Imperial Mint and the issue of Jurisdiction Over Foreign Employees, 1869-1875," Journal of Asian History, 30 (1996): 1-26.
- "Nagasaki beki-keibi ni kansuru ichi shiry [A Source Concerning the Nagasaki Trade and Defenses]," Seinan chiikishi kenKysh [Southwestern Area Historical Review], vol. 5. Edition by Hidemura Senz. Kyoto: Shibunkaku shuppan, 1988: 353-401.
Dr. John Ellis
Degree: Ph.D., Boston College, 1997; M.A., University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1995; B.S., Eastern Michigan University, 1990.
Field: Western Europe; British Isles and Empire
Research Interestes: Nationalism and national identity in the British Isles; Modern Wales and Ireland
- Investiture: Royal Ceremony and National Identity in Wales, 1911-1969, Cardiff: University of Wales Press, 2007
- "Celt versus Teuton; Race, Character and British National Identity, 1850-1914," in Pol O'Dochartaigh, ed., yearbook for the Centre of Irish-German Studies 2002. Limerick; University of Limerick, 2003.
- "The Degenerate and the Martyr: Nationalist Propaganda and the Contestation of Irishness, 1914-1918," Eire-Ireland (Fall/Winter 2001): 7-33.
- "The Methods of Barbarism' and the 'Rights of Small Nations'; Ware Propaganda and British Pluralism," Albion 30, 1 (Spring 1998): 49-75.
Dr. Thomas Henthorn
Degrees: Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2009; B.A. Saginaw Valley State University, 2004.
Field: Modern U.S.; Urban History; Public History
Research Interests: Progressive Era, Urban History, Charities and Philanthropy
- Forthcoming: "The Training of Useful Mothers -- Gender, Charity and the New Urban South," Frontiers: A Journal of Women Studies, 2010.
- "A Catholic Dilemma: White Flight in Northwest Flint, Michigan," Michigan Historical Review, 31, no. 2 (Fall 2005).
Dr. Christopher A. Molnar
Degrees: Ph.D., Indiana University, 2013; M.A., Purdue University, 2005; B.A., Indiana University Northwest, 2002
Field: Germany, France, Eastern European History
Research Interests: Modern Germany; race and immigration in German and European history; the memory of World War II in postwar Europe.
- "Imagining Yugoslavs: Migration and the Cold War in Postwar West Germany," Central European History 47 no. 1 (March 2014)
- "On the Move and Putting Down Roots: Transnationalism and Integration among Yugoslav Guest Workers in West Germany," in Migration in the German Lands, 1500-2000, edited by Jason Coy, Jared Poley, and Alexander Schunka (Berghahn Books, forthcoming).
- "The Radicalization of the Croatian Emigre Community in West Germany, 1955-1970," in Anti-communist Resistance in Central and Eastern Europe, edited by Peter Jasek. Bratislava: Ustav Pamati Narodna, 2012.
Mr. Gregory M. Havrilcsak
Degrees: Post-Graduate- University of Virginia, International Center for Jefferson Studies. M.A., Oakland University; B.A. University of Michigan Flint.
Field: Colonial America and the Young Republic, Jeffersonian and Jacksonian Eras, the Progressive Era and American Military History
Dr. Mohamed Daassa
Degrees: Ph.D., University of Paris-Sorbonne, 1998; M.A., University of Avignon, 1988; M.A., University of Avignon, 1986; B.A., University of Bourgogne, 1987; B.A., University of Avignon, 1984
Dr. Michael B. Kassel
Degrees: Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2004; M.A., University of Michigan Horace H. Rackham, 1991; B.A., University of Michigan-Flint, 1989.