Honors Seminar HON 498 (Formerly HON 390)
What is the Honors Senior Seminar?
- This is a capstone course for the honors program designed to enrich the honors curriculum.
- It emphasizes interdisciplinary studies, one of the important focuses of the honors program.
- It also provides evidence that the student has gone beyond his or her discipline throughout the course of study.
- Employers, graduate schools and professional schools are strongly impressed by the student's ability to work outside his or her discipline in a senior course.
When do I enroll in the Senior Seminar?
- Students generally take the course in the winter semester after they have completed their off-campus experience.
- If a senior has completed the off-campus study semester at the end of his or her program (just prior to graduating), the student may take the course before going off campus.
- In some cases, considerations of when the seminar fits into the student's schedule, as in the case of an education degree, will determine when the course is taken.
- The seminar is generally given in the winter semester.