Completing Two Degrees
- If you wish to complete a second degree, you must complete a prescribed number of additional credits.
- You must complete 30 additional credits beyond the lowest total credits required for either of the two degrees. For example, if you are completing two degrees in Communication (120 credits to graduate) and Biology (124 credits to graduate), you will need 30 credits beyond the requirement for Communication, which is the degree requiring the lowest number of credits of your two degrees.
- To complete the second degree, you will need to complete all prerequisites and requirements for the second major.
- You do not need to do an additional honors thesis for the second degree or to complete any additional off-campus study courses or any additional honors elections.
- Both degrees will be degrees in the Honors Program because you, as an honors student, are taking an Honors Degree which covers all of your majors and minors.
- You must request an additional diploma for your second degree from the Registrar's Office. If you do not recieve a second diploma, be sure to follow up with the Registrar's Office to be sure it is provided.