Basic Steps: Overview
What is an off-campus proposal?
The proposal is a clearly written, well-organized grant proposal directed toward an audience of intelligent but non-specialized readers.
Your readers will include your advisor, the Honors Director, and members of the Honors Council.
Length: 5-6 single spaced pages minimum.
- Do primary research.
- Develop notes and a plan.
- See sample proposals in your discipline as models.
- Discuss your notes and plan/outline with your advisor.
- Develop of rough draft, and submit it to your advisor for comments.
- Submit early drafts to the Honors Director for comments as well.
- Make revisions, and develop a final draft.
- Complete Cover Page, Check List, Budget.
- Submit final draft, both as a hard copy and electronically, to the Honors Director.
- A hard copy of the cover sheet signed by your advisor indicating his or her approval of the draft.
- The Honors Director will submit the final draft to the Honors Council for approval.
- You will need to make any changes requested by the Honors Director and the Honors Council before funding is released.