Residential Computing Network and Technology

Housing and Residential Life, in cooperation with the University of Michigan-Flint’s Information Technology Services (ITS), strives to provide high quality networking and technology services in the residence hall. ITS services are designed to promote and support the academic endeavors of students, provided they do not infringe on the rights or network services of others, either within or outside of the University community. By registering for or using the services provided, residents agree to the terms outlined in ITS Access and Compliance document. Students must indicate agreement with these policies in order to complete the online registration of their computer for ITS service.

Should I bring a computer?

It is nice to have your own computer, but it is not mandatory. There are several computer labs around campus for students to use.  To locate an ITS lab and hours of operation, click ITS Lab Services .

How can I make sure my computer is safe?

There is an “inoculation station” located in the residence hall where you can bring your computer to have it inspected by an Information Technology Services employee.

Is the residence hall wireless?

Yes.  If you require a wired connection, ITS can install one.  For installation contact the ITS Helpdesk.

Where can I print?

There is a print station located in the residence hall. Residents can send documents to this print station from their residence hall suite or anywhere on campus and then go there to finish the printing process.

Some of the services residents will find helpful are:

ITS Helpdesk -

IT User Advocate website -

Changing your password and other student services -

Main ITS website -