In order to contact us regarding an after-hours emergency, please contact the RA on duty or the front desk – (Hours 4pm – 7:00am on weekdays and anytime Saturdays, Sundays or holidays).
Our staff in Facilities and Housing and Residential Life is prepared to respond to after-hours, facilities related emergencies in the residence hall. We have defined such emergencies as the following:
- Loss of hot or cold water
- Loss of heat
- Loss of electricity
- Electrical hazard
- Flooding or major leak
- Glass window breakage that is a potential safety and/or security hazard
- Passenger trapped in elevator
- Loss of elevator
- Suite/room lockouts or lock problems
- Any condition that represents a significant imminent threat or potential hazard to the community
- Pest emergencies (bats, bees, etc.)
- Refrigerator failure - unless repair staff is able to respond during normal working hours within 24 hours
- Toilets - Loss of service, unless repair staff is able to respond during normal working hours within 24 hours.