What should I do so I can vote?

The University of Michigan-Flint's campus is located in the 42nd Precinct, 7th Ward, of the City of Flint.  The voting location for the 42nd Precinct is the Sarvis Center, 1231 E. Kearsley Street.  It's located adjacent to the Whiting Auditorium and the Sloan Museum in the College Cultural area. 

If you want to be able to cast a ballot, you will need to be a registered voter 30 days in advance of any election and must be at least 18 years of age. You can register at the Flint City's Clerk Office located at the City of Flint Municipal Center, 2nd floor, 1101 South Saginaw Street in Flint, or you may register at any Secretary of State office in Michigan.

Students who are voting for the first time would need to vote in person at your polling booth. Your voter registration form and Michigan driver’s license must have the same address.

To view Voter Registration Application and Guidelines, click Voting Application.

To view laws regarding voter identification rules, click on  Voter Identification.