Location: Iaşi, Romania
Programs: Semester & Year
Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi (AICU)
Location: Iaşi, Romania
The Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi is the oldest higher education institution in Romania. Since 1860, the university has been carrying on a tradition of excellence and innovation in the fields of education and research. With over 38, 000 students and 800 academic staff, the university enjoys high prestige at national and international level and cooperates with over 250 universities world-wide. Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi became the first student-centered university in Romania, once the Bologna Process was implemented. Research at our university is top level. For the third year in a row, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University was placed first in the national research ranking compiled on the basis of Shanghai criteria. Striving for excellence, the university takes unique initiatives to stimulate research quality, to encourage dynamic and creative education and to involve its best students in academic life.
Eligibility & Prerequisites
- All undergraduate students from any discipline are permitted to participate.
- 2.5 GPA minimum
- Must have completed at least two major terms
Program Dates & Deadlines
Fall Semester Dates: early October to mid-February
- Deadline to indicate intent to participate: April 1
- Deadline to submit application documents to Education Abroad Office: April 15
Winter Semester Dates: mid-February to mid-June
- Deadline to indicate intent to participate: October 1
- Deadline to submit application documents to Education Abroad Office: October 15
Tuition & Fees
Students pay regular UM-Flint tuition and fees.
Language(s) of Instruction
Housing and Living Costs
AICU offers accommodation for exchange students at the Gaudeamus Centre for International Exchanges. Double or triple rooms are available and are fully furnished, including a TV and a refrigerator. Each room has a private bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen is available on every floor. Students are required to apply for housing as soon as possible.
Students can expect to spend approximately $520 per month depending on accommodations and lifestyle. Some monthly expenses include:
- Accommodation: Approximately $140 per month in the Gaudeamus Center for International Exchanges
- Meals: Approximately $200 per month at the student canteen
- Local transportation: Approximately $18 on one public transport track (bus or tram)
- Books and stationery: Approximately $18 per month
- Other expenses: Approximately $57 per month
Items Requested by AICU
- AICU application
- AICU accommodation form
- Letter of recommendation from a UM-Flint faculty
- Copy of passport
- Official college/university transcript
- Copy of high school diploma
- 1 passport-sized photograph
- Copy of Highway to Health (HTH) International Health Insurance Card (click on “University of Michigan” and log in using your uniqname and Ann Arbor KERBEROS password, not your LAN password. You can reset your KERBEROS password in SIS under “Personal Information.”
- Proof of English proficiency, for non-native English speakers
Bring all items to the Education Abroad Office at 219 UCEN.