Speaker’s Bureau participants have the opportunity to spread awareness about a foreign country and share the culture by participating in speaking engagements throughout Flint at community organizations, K-12 schools, and UM-Flint classes. The Speaker’s Bureau serves the Flint and neighboring counties by connecting UM-Flint students with local community members and area schools as a free public service. Presenters use their knowledge, experiences and talents to engage audience members in interactive learning experiences designed to be grade-appropriate and to complement textbook and classroom instruction. This program is entirely volunteer-based.
Who can participate in Speaker’s Bureau?
Current UM-Flint students with a global/intercultural experience
What is expected?
- Discuss the following topics during your presentation:
- Culture (music, languages, dances, sports, festivals, clothing, tourism
- Respond to questions viewers may have
- Engage the viewers in creative interactive ways
- Represent UM-Flint appropriately
- Have fun!