All international students applying to the University of Michigan-Flint undergraduate program are required to submit the following:
- Application for International Student Admission (online or via mail)
- $30 Application Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Affidavit of Support
- Official Bank Statements
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of Passport
All credentials must be official, original documents or notarized, attested copies of the original. Copies, faxes, and scanned documents will not be accepted.
- Contact an International Counselor in the International Center with questions regarding the application process.
- Choose the academic program for which you wish to apply. You may want to visit the University Catalog for specific program degree requirements and detailed course information.
- Submit an application.
- Submit the following items by mail to the International Center office:
Conditional Admission to UM-Flint
The undergraduate and graduate programs use English proficiency test scores to determine a student’s eligibility for entrance into the University. Students who do not have a recent English Proficiency score or who do not meet the language proficiency requirement may be conditionally admitted.
This would mean that students have the opportunity to take English Language classes at the university and after passing the MELAB or submitting an English Language test score that meets the requirement they can transition to their academic program.
|Undergraduate Estimated Costs|
|Tuition and Fees||$17,944|
|Total Per Academic Year||$28,581|
Guidelines for In-State Tuition
Certain non-immigrants may qualify for In-State tuition at the University of Michigan-Flint. For more information, please see In-State Tuition Guidelines.