Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi (AICU)
Location: Iaşi, Romania
Programs: Term & Year
The Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi is the oldest higher education institution in Romania. Since 1860, the university has been carrying on a tradition of excellence and innovation in the fields of education and research. With over 38, 000 students and 800 academic staff, the university enjoys high prestige at national and international level and cooperates with over 250 universities world-wide. Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi became the first student-centered university in Romania, once the Bologna Process was implemented. Research at our university is top level. For the third year in a row, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University was placed first in the national research ranking compiled on the basis of Shanghai criteria. Striving for excellence, the university takes unique initiatives to stimulate research quality, to encourage dynamic and creative education and to involve its best students in academic life.
- All financial aid and scholarships apply
- You receive direct UM-Flint credit for the program
- Programs are typically one semester (students may spend up to two semesters)
Program Dates & Deadlines
Fall Semester Dates:
-early October to mid-February
Final Deadline to Apply:
Winter Semester Dates:
mid-February to mid-June
Final Deadline to Apply:
Students pay regular UM-Flint tuition and fees. Airfare, passport/visa, local transportation, and housing are additional expenses that will vary.
Language(s) of Instruction
Area(s) of Study
Eligibility & Prerequisites
- All undergraduate students from any discipline are permitted to participate.
- 2.5 GPA minimum
- Must have completed at least two major terms
Housing and Living Costs
AICU offers accommodation for exchange students at the Gaudeamus Centre for International Exchanges. Double or triple rooms are available and are fully furnished, including a TV and a refrigerator. Each room has a private bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen is available on every floor. Students are required to apply for housing as soon as possible.
Students can expect to spend approximately $520 per month depending on accommodations and lifestyle. Some monthly expenses include:
- Accommodation: Approximately $140 per month in the Gaudeamus Center for International Exchanges
- Meals: Approximately $200 per month at the student canteen
- Local transportation: Approximately $18 on one public transport track (bus or tram)
- Books and stationery: Approximately $18 per month
- Other expenses: Approximately $57 per month
View AICU application requirements and download an application at http://www.uaic.ro/uaic/bin/view/Cooperation/freemovers.
To apply for housing, visit http://www.uaic.ro/uaic/bin/download/Cooperation/freemovers/accomodationformFREEMOVERS.pdf.
UM-Flint students are also required to submit a separate Application for Exchange & Agreement and a Release Form and forms to the Office of Study Abroad.