Email Addresses for UM-Flint students are as follows: email@example.com
- You may access your email either on campus or from home using web-based email by typing http://email.umflint.edu in the browser
- For instructions on how to use Outlook Web Access, please see the Email Category on the Helpdesk Webpage (www.umflint.edu/helpdesk).
- ITS supports the use of Webmail, Outlook 2007 and higher, Entourage, and Mac Mail version 4.4 and Higher. Any applications outside of this list may or may not work with our mail system.
- Microsoft Exchange is the only supported protocol at UM-Flint. IMAP/SMTP is turned on and ITS can provide this information upon request but this protocol is not supported by the Helpdesk. Our mail system does not support POP connections.
- Please be aware that the size limit for messages (including attachments) is 20 MB.
- Outlook Mailbox storage capacity for students follows these guidelines:
- Mailbox Max Size is 2 GB
- Mailbox warning at 1945 MB
- Can't send at 2048 MB
- Can't send or receive at 2355 MB
- NOTE: Messages left in your Deleted Items folder will be automatically deleted after 30 days.
- After creating an email account students:
- begin to receive Mail Digest
- have access to special features like email Signatures
ITS highly recommends that you use your UM-Flint student email account to view campus-related messages and to communicate with your professors and fellow students.
Microsoft Outlook is a groupware package used by UM-Flint students, faculty, and staff for email and e-calendar activities. ITS supports the both the desktop and webmail versions of Outlook.
Our favorite Outlook features include:
- Integrated email, calendar, contacts and task lists
- Remote access to mail, contact and calendar folders through any Web browser (no special software needed and accessible for both PC and Mac)
- Ability to look up contacts by using partial name or uniqname
- Familiar toolbars and menus that are standard with Microsoft products
The University assumes no responsibility for email that is forwarded off the campus network. Information Technology Services (ITS) highly recommends that student, faculty, and staff access their UM-Flint email account to view campus-related messages and to communicate with fellow faculty, staff, and students. For email guidelines, please consult the Electronic Communication Policy.
**Warning: ITS can not recover lost mail or support any problems that may occur after forwarding. Please be aware that forwarding has caused problems for some users. Users have lost important email after forwarding. Some known problems with other email services include; full mailboxes, invalid email addresses, spam filters setup that block the forwarded mail, and attachment blocking.