- Helpdesk consultants are available to assist with basic computer problems.
- Absolutely NO CELL PHONE Conversations in the Computer Labs
- NO Food & Drinks are allowed in the Computer Labs
- Anyone with food and/or drinks will be asked to dispose of them.
- Keep your passwords to yourself
- Change your password right away if you think someone else may know it.
- Do not save your work to the hard drive (This includes the desktop) - use your H: drive (or other storage device)
- Unauthorized file and programs may possibly be removed on logout.
- Collaborative work and quiet conversations are allowed
- Please be considerate. Refrain from loud talking, laughter, or music.
- All children must be accompanied by a parent and are prohibited from using any University computer equipment.
- During high demand for lab machines, there will be no personal or recreational uses of equipment
- This ensures that students have an opportunity to access the computers for course work.
- Helpdesk Consultants are NOT allowed to tutor, assignment related questions should be directed to your Instructor
ITS Computer lab patrons are required to comply with the University’s Proper Use Policy along with the Lab Rules of Conduct. Helpdesk consultants have responsibility for enforcing these rules, and will notify lab users if they are in violation. Failure to comply with these rules may result in removal from the labs, loss of computing privileges, disciplinary review, or other disciplinary action.
Please notify the Helpdesk Consultants if you feel that any of these rules are being violated.