- Michigan Youth Opportunities Initiative (MYOI): An overview of the services that MYOI provides for participating youth. A document with a list of all MYOI county contacts is also included at the bottom of this page
Connecting with Others Who Have Experienced Foster Care
Physical and Mental Healthcare
Clothing, Personal Care Items, etc.
- Foster Closet of Genesee County: The Foster Closet of Genesee County provides FREE items to youth of any age who are active in the foster care system. The Foster Closet carries a wide variety of items, such as clothes, shoes, and personal care items, and their contact information is listed on this page if you would like to access their services.
Foster care specific scholarships, grants, and funding sources
- Education and Training Voucher (ETV): Information about the ETV program in Michigan as well as application materials.
- Fostering Futures Scholarship: Information related to the Fostering Futures Scholarship with a link to the application.
- Note: The 2017-2018 Fostering Futures Scholarship application period is now open! The deadline to apply is June 30th, 2017. Late applications are NOT accepted.
Tuition Incentive Program (TIP): An overview of TIP along with a fact sheet that includes eligibility information and a link to the TIP application
Youth in Transition (YIT): A description of YIT eligibility criteria and what expenses YIT funds may cover for eligible youth.