A new, multi-channel textbook rental program designed to deliver maximum savings and convenience will be offered by the UM-Flint Bookstore to give students a new lease on their sometimes budget-focused, hectic lives beginning in January 2011.
This innovative textbook rental program will allow students to rent their textbooks for less than 50% of the cost of purchasing a new printed textbook. Plus, as an added convenience, students will be able to rent their books either in the store, or from the store’s website: www.umflint.bncollege.com.
This decision to offer a textbook rental program was a joint decision made by the university and Barnes & Noble College Booksellers.
“We are committed to providing students with the widest range of content options and price points available,” said Ann Fraley, Vice President at Barnes & Noble College Booksellers. “Whether students are interested in new books, used, digital, unbundled, or now rentals, they know they can find what they want at the UM-Flint bookstore.”
Other program features include:
- Students can pay the rental fees using any form of tender currently accepted by the bookstore (excluding PayPal) – including student financial aid and campus debit cards. (Note: For security purposes, a valid credit card must also be provided regardless of the tender used for the rental fee.)
- ·Students can highlight or mark the rented books just as they would if they purchased a book and planned to sell it back to the bookstore.
- Students can convert their rental to a purchase during the first two weeks of class.
- The rental period is for the duration of the term/semester. Books are due back by the last day of finals. Students can return books in person or mail them to the bookstore.
- Courtesy emails will go out as the end of the term/semester approaches, reminding students to return their books. Books not returned (or returned in unusable condition) will be subject to replacement and processing fees.
For more information about the UM-Flint Bookstore, visit www.umflint.bncollege.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.