Welcome to Housing and Residential Life at the University of Michigan-Flint! We are excited that you are interested in on campus housing!
All students are welcome to apply for on-campus housing. Prior to submitting your application be sure you have:
- Filed the FAFSA if you need financial aid
- Read the instructions below which describes how to secure your room on campus
- Review housing options available under the "Undergraduate Housing" or "Graduate Housing" tabs
To secure your room in a University of Michigan-Flint residence hall, first time residence hall applicants must:
1. Complete a Housing Application
Admitted students may complete the housing application on-line by clicking "Apply for Housing!" .
2. Sign Your Housing Contract
Once you submit your housing application your contract will be available for signing. If you are under age 18, please contact Housing & Residential Life at 810-237-6571 regarding signing your contract.
3. Pay Your Housing Deposit
Your $500.00 housing deposit is due within two weeks of you signing your housing contract. Your housing deposit is credited towards your total housing cost and is not an additional fee. Your deposit secures your room. Room assignments will be given priority based on the date you pay your housing deposit. If you do not pay your deposit within two weeks, you will be put on a waiting list for room availability until the deposit is paid.
Ways you can pay your deposit:
- Pay by credit card by clicking "Pay Deposit Online".
- By money order or check made payable to the University of Michigan-Flint. IMPORTANT: Please be sure to indicate your UMID and write the term and housing deposit on the check or money order.
- By cash at the Cashier's/Student Accounts office located in room 261 University Pavilion.
Students that cancel their agreement prior to July 1, 2017 will receive a full refund. Students that cancel their agreement after July 1st forgeit 50% of their $500 deposit. Students that cancel after August 1st forfeit 100% of their $500 deposit.
Remember to check your UM-Flint email! All housing communications will be sent to your UM-Flint email address.
We look forward to seeing you on campus soon! Go Blue!