A place to co-work, create and collaborate
What is the [IN]?
- The Innovation Incubator is a program of University Outreach.
- Staff help people start local businesses and non-profits.
- The co-working space is open to the public, free of charge.
- Free workshops are offered periodically.
- This is the only incubator in Flint focused on (but not limited to) social entrepreneurship, innovation, and creative economy-based ventures.
[IN] in the News
Many students graduate college hoping to find a job in their desired field.
But some strategic thinkers, such as Charles Herzog, use their time on campus to position themselves for success the minute they earn their degrees.
Joe Hipkins, currently he a senior at UM-Flint, says, “I have been so fortunate to be surrounded by smart, intelligent and creative people to guide me through the process of starting and running my own business. Starting JH Design LLC has had a significantly positive impact on my education. I feel more prepared for life after graduation from UM-Flint.”
Whether working at his business or non-profit, Adil Mohammed is always thinking of ways to improve quality of life in the community.
“The UM-Flint Innovation Incubator helps us connect and strengthen mutually beneficial relationships,” Adil Mohammed said. “They help us provide services to anyone in the community.”