Career Fair Preparation
Complete the following steps to best prepare to put your best foot forward at the Career Fair:
1. Attend an Information Session hosted by the Director of the Student Success Center
- Monday, February, 15 at 10:00 am-11:00 am - UCEN Happenings
- Tuesday, February 16 at 5:30 pm-6:30 pm - French Hall 335
- Thursday, February 18 at 2:00 pm-3:00 pm - French Hall 550
2. Review the list of employers scheduled to attend the fair
3. Prepare resume and elevator pitch
4. Have your resume critiqued by the Student Success Center
5. Dress professionally for the fair
Wednesday, March 16, 2015
12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Career Fairs are an excellent way to find part-time, seasonal, full-time, and/or internship opportunities. Employers from all sectors are invited to recruit University of Michigan-Flint students and alumni.
Click more to see which employers want to hire UM-Flint students.
Career Connection is your gateway to all things related to careers, including workshops and events happening on and around campus. These events are designed to enhance your knowledge about the job market, career searching, resume building, and self-marketing. What’s more, you can upload your finished resume to be personally critiqued by your career counselor in the Student Success Center before applying to the hundreds of daily job postings that you can find in Career Connection. Click more to log in.
Career Spots is a hub of video tutorials to help you become MORE successful in your career. Whether you are just starting out, or have some experience under your belt, Career Spots has advice videos for you ranging from starting your job search, networking and branding, finding internships, and how to handle interviews to salary negotiations and using social media in your job search!