THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
Value Added Civic Engagement Leadership Development Camp | September 25 through September 27 | Midland, MI
- For students with junior, senior or and/or veteran standing The Value Added Civic Engagement Leadership Development Camp is a three-day immersive camp designed to prepare students to be leaders in civic engagement. UM-Flint faculty, staff and past camp participant will serve as facilitators as students explore principles and strategies of civic engagement that include community asset mapping, collaboration, problem solving, and methods for personal and professional reflection. For more information: go.umflint.edu/valueadded or contact Gary Ashley, University Outreach, 424-5458
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
NPHC Yard Show and After Party | 6:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. | McKinnon Plaza
- NPHC Fraternities and Sororities welcome the students back to campus and introduce their organizations to the community. The Yard Show is free.
- The After Party is $5.00 Greeks, $7.00 Non-Greeks. To attend the After Party, individuals must have a Valid Student ID and State Issued ID.
- For more information, please contact, Sara Frees, Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life at 237-6695 or email@example.com.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
Farmers' Market Frenzy | 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. | Meet: 1st Floor University Center
- Ever been to the Market? There are more than 30 indoor vendors year round, and in the spring, summer and fall there are approximately 75 vendors outside the market. Come with us and discover one of the most incredible places in the University of Michigan-Flint's "backyard.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 8
Lecture by Common Read Author Jonathan Kozol | 4:00 p.m. | Happenings Room
- A book signing will take place immediately following the lecture with the author's book for sale by Barnes and Noble Booksellers.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14
- Each year, the UM-Flint community documents a day in the life of this extraordinary university. On 10/14/14, grab your camera or smartphone, post your images to Twitter, Instagram, or Flickr, and tag them with the #umflint24 hashtag. It’s really that simple!
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15
Amazing Race | 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. | Meet: 1st Floor University Center
- Compete against students from other local colleges and universities to find hidden treasures on the grounds of the Flint Cultural Center!
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24
Mr. & Mrs. UM-Flint Scholarship Competition | 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. | KIVA
- The Mr. and Ms. UM-Flint Competition is an event used to raise funds for the ACCESS Book Scholarship. The book scholarship was created in efforts to help students purchase books and other materials relevant for academic success. Student participants compete in three categories that give them the chance to express to the campus and community what makes them model students of the University of Michigan- Flint.
- General Admission is $5.00 in advance for each event (Competition & Reception), $8.00 at the door. Open to the Public.
- Presented by Educational Opportunity Initiatives
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25
Empowering Women through Cultural Awareness, Education, Fitness & Fun! | 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.| UM-Flint Rec Center |
- The event is presented by the Arab American Heritage Council (AAHC). Mona Sahouri, Executive Director of the AAHC will be a speaker on "Re-imagining Women and Diversity" and a physician from the community will present on "Healthy Women=Empowered Women.” Open to women (16 years and older) students, faculty, staff and community.
- Co-sponsored by the Recreation Center, Women’s Educational Center, ECDC, International Center, Housing & Residential Life, and Student Government.