Learning can happen anywhere...
and we can prove it.
UM-Flint provides learning opportunities outside the traditional, face-to-face classroom that include:
- Online and mixed-mode academic courses
- Off-campus courses at Alpena, Lansing, St. Clair County and Wayne County community colleges
- Online and face-to-face professional development courses and workshops -- more than 100 of them!
- Custom course development for organizations
- Technology and online instructional support for UM-Flint faculty
OEL News and Announcements
The Bruce and Lillian Wright Online Teaching Awards were presented on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at the Thompson Center for Learning and Teaching's fourth annual Celebration of Teaching.
Faculty involved in online and mixed-mode learning and teaching are selected and honored based on innovative and creative individual lessons or units.
University of Michigan-Flint's Return to Learn is a scholarship and advising program geared toward students considering a return to college.
Whatever your situation, we're committed to helping you develop an education and career plan that suits your needs.
Request More Info about the Return to Learn program
The Extended Education and Professional Development Committee of the Presidents Council–State Universities of Michigan is holding a Professional Development Day at the University of Michigan-Flint.
This event is intended for online and continuning education professionals. Jim Fong of the University Professional & Continuing Education Association will be the keynote speaker. Learn more about Fong here.