Welcome to the University of Michigan-Flint!
During Orientation you will learn about the new academic environment, find out about all the support services available, and take the first steps to become part of the university community.
Orientation for international students is three days long. All international students need to complete Orientation in order to register for courses.
Go over the following sections to prepare for orientation:
- Critical New Student Steps: Important steps to complete right after you are admitted to UM-Flint.
- Register for Orientation: Choose one Orientation date and register to come on that date (click here to learn MORE about 'how to' register).
- Placement Exams: Take the placement exams your advisor indicated; in order to register for classes during Orientation, you need to have taken the proper placement exams at least 2 weeks before coming to Orientation.
- Orientation Agenda: See the schedule and activitites planned for your orientation (available soon).
- Pre-Orientation Requirements: See what you need to prepare, how to get here, where to park, and additional information you will need.
- Orientation FAQs: Here you will find answers to questions we receive from students and parents about Orientation.
- Meet your Orientation Leaders
|Winter 2018 - International Student Orientation Dates|
|Session 1||Tuesday, January 2, 2018||12:30 pm - 5:00 pm||TBD|