CTS Step by Step Guide / FAQ
1. Register to be a CTS Scholar (Mgagement login required)
2. Submit Your Hours (Mgagement login required)
- Please log your hours at the end of each activity or at the end of the semester.
3. In order to be eligible for the graduation cords, letter from the Chancellor, record of your hours and certificate you must do two things one month prior to graduation:
- Complete the minimum hours requirement for your track at a non-profit organization or organizations.
- Write a two page reflective essay: CTS Essay Guidelines
4. Submit your 2-page reflective essay and log your service hours. Both the essay and ALL of your hours MUST be turned in one month prior to graduation.
5. Pick up your cords for graduation beginning the Monday prior to commencement between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. from Gary Ashley on the 10th floor of the Northbank Center buidling.
Q: If I’m out of the state volunteering does the time that I’m sleeping count?
Q: Can I volunteer outside of the Flint Community?
Q: Can I be paid for community service?
Q: How can I sign up?
A: Fill out the CTS Scholar Registration Form (Mgagement login required)
Q: Can I view my logged hours?
A: Yes, please log into Mgagement
Q: How do I submit my reflective essay?
A: Email your reflective essay to Gary Ashley in University Outreach no later than one month prior to your graduation date.
Q: What happens if I don’t complete the program?
A: In order to receive full recognition for the program you must complete your track. If a student does not complete their track he/she can request a record of their hours, but will not receive the aforementioned items.