A place to co-work, create and collaborate
What is the [IN]?
- The Innovation Incubator is a program of University Outreach.
- Staff help people start local businesses and non-profits.
- The co-working space is open to the public, free of charge.
- Free workshops are offered periodically.
- This is the only incubator in Flint focused on (but not limited to) social entrepreneurship, innovation, and creative economy-based ventures.
Thursday, November 16, 2017
[IN] in the News
University Outreach’s Innovation Incubator staff has been working with the social work students, not only to explain some of the necessary components of a successful business but also to teach them how to help residents build their own business model and create a start-up cost analysis that will help community members prepare to launch their ventures.
Adil Mohammed began using the Innovation Incubator co-work space to run his software development business. He hired Charles Herzog, a UM-Flint senior majoring in computer science, to develop new healthcare software products. Mohammed was invited to base his start-up business, Med+IT Systems LLC, out of the Incubator.
Joe Hipkins, currently he a senior at UM-Flint, says, “I have been so fortunate to be surrounded by smart, intelligent and creative people to guide me through the process of starting and running my own business. Starting JH Design LLC has had a significantly positive impact on my education. I feel more prepared for life after graduation from UM-Flint.”