A place to co-work, create and collaborate
What is the [IN]?
- The Innovation Incubator is a program of University Outreach.
- Staff help people start local businesses and non-profits.
- The co-working space is open to the public, free of charge.
- Free workshops are offered periodically.
- This is the only incubator in Flint focused on (but not limited to) social entrepreneurship, innovation, and creative economy-based ventures.
[IN] in the News
Whether working at his business or non-profit, Adil Mohammed is always thinking of ways to improve quality of life in the community.
“The UM-Flint Innovation Incubator helps us connect and strengthen mutually beneficial relationships,” Adil Mohammed said. “They help us provide services to anyone in the community.”
University Outreach at the University of Michigan-Flint has been awarded a major grant from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration (EDA). The five-year grant of $400,000 will be used to establish a University Center for Community and Economic Development. The center will support economic development efforts in a 7-county region.
UM-Flint students are an ingenious bunch. On March 24, 2016 at the Innovation Incubator, the public caught a glimpse of the exciting ideas happening here on our urban campus during the U Make the Change Competition. Fifteen groups competed for prizes, but only four teams could be winners.