Procurement and Contracts
The University of Michigan-Flint Procurement and Contracts Department Core Functions:
- Customer Satisfaction - Strive to exceed customer expectations and send out survey every two (3) years to evaluate our performance.
- Diversity - Support and encourage business with local and minority owned businesses.
- Invoices - Acquire departmental approval for all invoices over $10,000.
- Purchase Orders
- Blanket Purchase Orders Under $5000 - Issue Purchase Orders to cover multiple purchases and/or invoices throughout the year.
- Peoplepay - Process Non-Employee for Service and Honorariums.
- Purchases $5000 and over - All Purchases $5000 and over must be processed and approved by Procurement.
- Purchases with an agreement - All purchases that are associated with an agreement must be sent to Procurement and approved.
- Furniture Purchases - All furniture purchases require Procurement approval regardless of cost.
- Procurement Process - Provide SPG Policies, practice and procedures.
- Reporting - Conflict of Interest and Non-Compliance to Board of Regents.
- Training - Provide M-Pathway, M-Marketsite. Peoplepay and University Contracts Training on individual basis upon request.
- Vendors - Meet with prospective and existing, act as liaison for requesting departments for request or resolving disputes/issues.
- Grant-Related Contracts and Agreements - Must be approved by ORSP - Ann Arbor and should be routed to the Director - Office of Research located at 530 French Hall.
- Agreements without financial committment - Send directly to campus paralegal.
- Agreements with financial committment - Send to Procurement with Requisition. Buyer will route to paralegal as required.
- Affiliation/Articulation Agreements - Send directly to campus paralegal.
- Contract Procedure Document