How to Buy
Purchase Requisitions: To initiate the creation of a Purchase Order, send completed purchase requisition form and all related documents (see below) to the following email: email@example.com. Please include supplier name and department in subject line.
- Requisitions under $10,000 should include all related documents, quote and/or supplier contracts (allow 30 days) to be reviewed and signed by P&C.
- Requisitions $10,000 and over, require competitive bid process by Procurement; allow 30 days for processing. Include description of product and/or services desired and contact information. Bid limit increased 1/1/15, http://spg.umich.edu/policy/507.01
- Requisition $10,000 and over which are sole source, includes but not limited to memberships, advertising, equipment maintenance, and speakers; include all related documents, quote, contract to be reviewed and signed by P&C, and sole source form.
Contracts: All contracts regardless of financial amount require to be reviewed and signed by P&C
- P&C contract information: http://www.umflint.edu/procurement/contract-process
- Contract for a purchase must be sent to P&C with purchase requisition form at the above email address.
- Academic Contracts with no monetary value, must be sent to P&C for review by Contract Administrator.
UM Strategic Suppliers: Contracted suppliers for product and/or services using shortcodes
UM-Flint Contracted Suppliers: Suppliers competitively bid by P&C use PO; $10,000 and over allowed
Furniture: Contact P&C: UM Strategic Suppliers, PCards cannot be used.
- Software & licenses: require approval of ITS prior to submitting requisition to P&C, PCards cannot be used.
- Software, license & maintenance contracts require review and signature by P&C.
- Computers, tablets, iPads: contact ITS; note cannot be purchased with PCard
Insurance: UM requires insurance for any vendor and/or speaker providing services on campus.
Alternative: Tulip https://tulip.ajgrms.com/
PCard: Used for travel, airfare, lodging, and tangible products only; services and/or contract purchases are not allowed.
Non-PO Vouchers: Used for reimbursements or awards only, purchase orders should be used for tangible products or services.
Peoplepay: All forms should be sent to Human Resources 213 UPAV. Human Resources will forward to Procurement, after their review.
Invoices: Emailed individually to A2 Accounts Payable (AP), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invoice must include invoice number, PO number, & remittance address; statements cannot be used as an invoice
- Email to Accounts Payable with supplier name and invoice number in subject line.
- Accounts Payable will send a reply email with a case number, keep case number required for any future inquiries.
- Accounts Payable will send a second email when invoice is entered and scheduled with a pay date.
- Inactive & closed for ordering, email Suuplier Maintenance (SM) to reactivate & open for ordering, email@example.com
- When emailing SM, include supplier name, supplier number, Tax ID number (if available) and the reason for reactivation. SM may still request a completed Sub W9.
- New supplier to be added will require completed Sub W9, request done through MPathways.
Procurement & Contracts Contacts:
General Procurement and Invoice Questions:
Administrative Assistant: Tabitha Rigiel, 762-3488
Procurement Interns: Haley Bruns, 424-5297 & Madison McCrum, 424-5297
Peoplepay, Events/Catering, and General Procurement:
Shirley Moran, 762-0788
Contract Administrator: Julie Insalaco, 762-3487
Procurement & Contracts Concerns, Copiers, Furniture, and Facilities & Operations Projects:
Brenda Roth, 762-3488