Call for Nomination for the University of Michigan-Flint Sponsored Faculty and Faculty/Staff Achievement Awards
We are soliciting nominations for the following faculty/staff achievement awards:
- David M. French Professorship
- Distinguished Service Award
- Scholarly or Creative Achievement Award
- Teaching Excellence Award
- Lawrence D. Kugler Academic Advisor Excellence Award
- Dr. Lois Matz Rosen Junior Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award
- Olivia P. Maynard and Olof Karlstrom Faculty Award for Civic Engagement
- Dorothea E. Wyatt Award
- Alvin D. Loving Junior Faculty Initiative
- Alvin D. Loving Senior Faculty Initiative
- Lucinda Hinsdale Stone Junior Women Faculty Award
- Lucinda Hinsdale Stone Senior Women Faculty Award
We have wonderful faculty and staff who are worthy of these awards. Please give careful thought to colleagues in your own and in other units who deserve this recognition. Your support is essential to assemble a strong pool of candidates!
Due to award timelines and/or funding constraints, all awards may not be available each year. Notification of available awards will be announced when the call for nominations is made. For all of the above awards, the name of the nominee and the name of the award for which the person is being nominated is due no later than January 19, 2017. This information should be emailed to email@example.com. The deadline for supporting documents is March 9, 2017. Supporting documents should be submitted to the Chair of the Scholarships, Awards and Special Events Committee, c/o Provost’s Office, 229 University Pavilion or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please assist in generating a strong pool of nominees to ensure that the awards will be given – our faculty deserve no less.
Call for Michigan Association of State Universities, Michigan Distinguished Professor of the Year Award Nomination
The Michigan Distinguished Professor of the Year Award is given by the Michigan Association of State Universities (MASU) to recognize a tenured professor who displays a special commitment to undergraduate education. Nominations should be submitted to the Scholarships and Special Events Committee, at 229 University Pavilion, no later than 5:00 p.m., TBD. Self-nominations are not accepted. All required documentation must be submitted on time in order for the nomination to be considered. More details are on the 2014 Professor of the Year Flyer for UM-F.