Michigan Distinguished Professor of the Year - Recognition Program
Michigan Distinguished Professor of the Year
Call for University of Michigan-Flint Nomination
The Michigan Distinguished Professor of the Year recognition program recognizes the outstanding contributions made by the faculty from Michigan’s public universities to the education of undergraduate students. Eligible candidates must be tenured faculty members at one of Michigan’s 15 public universities and display a special commitment to undergraduate education.
Each member institution of the Presidents Council, State Universities of Michigan will nominate one faculty member annually for this award. Candidate selection is to be based on the impact the faculty member has had on student learning. Evidence may include the amount, quality and impact of interaction with undergraduate students in the classroom, through advising, support of undergraduate research and other experiential learning environments, and contributions to the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Nominations should be submitted to the Scholarships and Special Events Committee, at 229 University Pavilion, no latter than 5:00 pm., Friday, January 13, 2012. Self-nomination are not accepted. All required documentation must be submitted on time in order for the nomination to be considered.
Required Nomination Materials:
- Nomination letter from colleague (providing evidence of outstanding contributions to undergraduate education)
- 1 additional letter of support from a faculty colleague
- 1-2 additional letters of support from a student/former student(s)
- Abbreviated vita (to highlight undergraduate teaching excellence)
- Teaching Philosophy statement of no more than 4 pages
Additional Evidence to highlight undergraduate teaching excellence may include:
- Summary of student evaluations of teaching
- Peer Assessments
- Curriculum development activities (i.e., course, program, or general education)
- Advising philosophy (as appropriate)
Questions? Contact Weiqi Li, Chair
Scholarships, Awards and Special Events Committee
at 237-6589 or email@example.com
A printable PDF file of this page Here