What is Health Psychology?
Health psychology studies the relationship between the psychological and physiological processes that impact an individual's health and well-being. It brings together the fields of psychology and biology to assist individuals in coping with disease, as well as to help promote good health behavior.
Related Courses in the Psychology Department
PSY 375: Health Psychology
Psychological influence on health, physical disease and disability, the medical environment, diagnosis and treatment, research problems and findings.
- American Psychological Association Division of Health Psychology
- American Psychological Association: Becoming a Health Psychologist
- Social Psychology Network: Health Psychology Links by Subtopic
- What is Health Psychology?
- Health Psychology Resources: Online Articles
- Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine