Mission and Core Values
The faculty and staff in the Physical Therapy Department at the University of Michigan-Flint are student-centered and committed to excellence in undergraduate, professional, post- professional teaching and learning, scholarship, practice, and service. The Department's graduates are highly qualified doctors of physical therapy who are engaged citizens and leaders in the physical therapy profession, in accordance with standards of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Sustain an environment that emphasizes professionalism, critical thinking, humanistic practice, scientific inquiry, and diversity.
- Promote a doctoring profession through application of the Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice, Guide for Professional Conduct, Vision 2020, and Professional Core Values of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Embrace the collegial model through accountability and self-regulation in all departmental interactions.
- Foster cultural competence in all interactions.
- Collaborate with professional organizations, community, and university partners.