The Physical Therapy Department at the University of Michigan-Flint prepares accomplished physical therapist practitioners, researchers, and educators through best practices in teaching and learning, advances scientific knowledge by engaging in rigorous scholarship, and serves our diverse local community and beyond to optimize movement, participation, and health and well-being for all individuals.
The Physical Therapy Department at the University of Michigan-Flint will be recognized globally as leaders in physical therapy education, research, and service.
Our work is guided by the following principles:
- Act with professional and ethical responsibility.
- Foster environments for collaboration, diversity, service, and accountability.
- Act with caring and compassion.
- Support and reward excellence and innovation.
- Create competencies for lifelong learning.
- Use evidenced-based decision making in all physical therapy practice.
- Advocate for patient-centered care, access, and equity.
- Service to benefit our community and our profession.