The University of Michigan – Flint is a comprehensive urban university of diverse learners and scholars committed to advancing our local and global communities. In the University of Michigan tradition, we value excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarship; student centeredness; and engaged citizenship. Through personal attention and dedicated faculty and staff, our students become leaders and best in their fields, professions, and communities.
The Physical Therapy Department at the University of Michigan-Flint will be recognized globally as leaders in physical therapy education, research, and service.
Our work is guided by the following principles:
- Act with professional and ethical responsibility.
- Foster environments for collaboration, diversity, service, and accountability.
- Act with caring and compassion.
- Support and reward excellence and innovation.
- Create competencies for lifelong learning.
- Use evidenced-based decision making in all physical therapy practice.
- Advocate for patient-centered care, access, and equity.
- Service to benefit our community and our profession.