CLINICAL PHYSICAL THERAPY CERTIFICATES/ RESIDENCIES (Post-Professional)*
Advance your cardiovascular and pulmonary practice, enhance your knowledge and skills, broaden your clinical perspective, invigorate your passion for the profession and become a practitioner of choice. The University of Michigan-Flint Physical Therapy Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Certificate program offers practicing DPT’s an opportunity to complete a Residency* and become an ABPTS Board Certified CCS.
Fitting in a clinical concentration\ certificate program and residency to advance your practice can be challenging. That is why ALL courses of the program are ONLINE. Most are offered in a semester (14 week) or condensed semester (10 week) format. This program is designed to fit your current work/life schedule. *Pending APTA approval for credentialed residency
• A Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from an accredited institution in the US
• Physical therapy license in the United States or Canada
• Overall 3.0 GPA or higher in the physical therapy degree
• Completion of the program application including supplemental information
The number of credits required to complete the program is 18 credits of didactic coursework and 6 credits of advanced practicum for ongoing mentoring and clinical advanced practice. Generally, Doctoral-prepared, licensed PT's can complete the online didactic requirements of 5 courses, with the additional advanced practicum course, in 18 months to 24 months.
- 695 Advanced Physiology in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Diseases & Disorders (4) Format: L with online activities. Offered FALL semester
- 696 Evidence Based Examination and Outcomes in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Practice (4) Format: L/L with online activities. Offered WINTER semester
- 697 Evidence Based Plan of Care in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Practice (4) Format: L/L with online activities. Offered SPRING semester
- 796 Case Studies in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary PT (2) Format: Seminar with online activities. Offered FALL semester
- 797 Cardiovascular and Pulmonary PT in the Health Care System (4) Format: Seminar with online activities. Offered WINTER semester
- 805 Advanced practicum (6) Format: Lab and seminar with online activities
For specific class information, see the catalog course descriptions: