The University of Michigan-Flint is a regional institution in a revitalized urban setting located along the riverfront in downtown Flint. One of three campuses of the University of Michigan, we serve approximately 8,000 commuting and residential students consisting of undergraduate and graduate students and offer over 100 undergraduate and over 38 graduate and post-graduate degrees. The UM-Flint campus is known for quality education, low faculty-to-student ratios, and its collegial environment. Please consider joining our growing faculty of educators in an innovative educational enterprise. We are seeking a creative, forward thinking faculty who envisions the future of physical therapy education in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please go to www.careers.umich.edu and search for the associated posting #, complete the application and upload the CV/resume.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (Musculoskeletal Expertise) Posting #150551
The University of Michigan-Flint Physical Therapy Department is seeking applications for a 12-month faculty position as a tenure track associate professor with expertise in musculoskeletal physical therapy. This faculty member could potentially teach in the Professional (entry-level) Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT) and Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy (tDPT) and/or PhD in Physical Therapy. Rank is commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
- Candidate must be licensed or regulated in a United States jurisdiction as a physical therapist.
- Graduate of CAPTE (or its equivalent) Accredited Professional Preparation Program in
- Physical Therapy.
- Academic Doctoral Degree (PhD)
- ABPTS specialization in orthopedics is preferred.
- 3 years cumulative clinical practice (part-time or full-time) in musculoskeletal physical therapy.
- Teaching experience in an academic higher learning environment.
- Record of scholarship.
- Record of involvement in professional activities.
PROFESSOR (Tenure Track) & RESEARCH PROFESSOR (Non Tenure Track)
Posting # 151447
The University of Michigan-Flint, Physical Therapy Department and Michigan Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation are seeking applications from candidates with both Physical Therapy and Bioengineering degrees for a 12-month faculty/research position. The faculty member will have a dual appointment as a professor with tenure in Physical Therapy on the UM-Flint campus (50%) and a research professor non-tenure in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Michigan Medicine in Ann Arbor (50%). This faculty member may teach in the Professional (entry-level) Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT), Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy (tDPT) and/or PhD in Physical Therapy Programs. Rank is commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
- Candidate must be licensed in a United States jurisdiction as a physical therapist
- Graduate of CAPTE (or its equivalent) Accredited Professional Education Program in Physical Therapy
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering
- Completion of postdoctoral research fellowship in bioengineering
- Contemporary expertise in assigned teaching areas
- Record of excellence in teaching in a DPT program
- Willing to teach in face to face (DPT/PhD) and online (t-DPT) formats
- Ability to chair PhD dissertation committee(s)
- Record of involvement in professional activities
- Record of service to the profession
- Record of significant scholarship (presentations and manuscripts)
- Record of external funding from federal agencies as well as industry partners
- Record of mentoring and involving DPT, PhD students in research
- Record of mentoring and involving junior faculty and clinicians in research
- Interest in outcomes research and clinical trials
For more information, please contact:
Ellen L. Buchholz, MPT, BBA
PT Department Business Administrator
School of Health Professions and Studies
University of Michigan-Flint
(810) 762-3373 or firstname.lastname@example.org