The DPT program at UM-Flint employs a life-span approach, which encourages you to value and respect diversity of gender, race, culture, and disability, regardless of age. As a result, you will:
Be competent to treat persons from infancy through elder years.
Develop your abilities as a critical thinker and a clinician who embraces evidence based practice.
UM-Flint’s DPT degree program offers clinical education experiences throughout the curriculum.
- You will benefit from outstanding faculty, whose record of excellence in scholarship and service as well as clinical specializations helps mentor you in clinical practice, research, and service.
- You will have opportunities to participate in professional development activities such as PT Heart, the student-led pro bono clinic, DPT club, and state and national professional organizations.
- Part time option is also available.
- Students participate in a selection process for clinical internships which allows greater flexibility to choose specific internships of student interest or locations that are convenient to the student.
- UM-Flint’s DPT program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
- 100% of graduates from the classes of 2010-2012 secured employment within 6 months of graduation.
- 100% licensure examination pass rate for the classes of 2012 and 2011; 95% for the class of 2010.