Health Education Program information
The Health Education and Behavior minor emphasizes education for individuals seeking knowledge in Health Education strategies and program implementation. Courses often take a real world approach to practicing health education and promotion in a variety of settings.
Eighteen credits as follows:
- HCR 300 - Health Care in the United States (3)
- HCR 379 - Introduction to Health Education and Health Promotion (3)
- HCR 380 - Strategies in Health Education (3).
- HCR 384 - Issues in Program Implementation (3).
- HCR 362 - Cultural Competence in Health Care (3)
- HCR 368 - Sociology of Health and Illness (3)
- HCR 385 - Health Care Program Evaluation (3).
- HCR 386 - Media and Materials in Health Care Education (3).
- COM 387 - Introduction to Health Communication (3).
- PHS 440 - Assessment for Human Service Providers (3).
If completing the minor along with a PHHS major, 9 additional credits beyond major requirements must be completed to qualify for both the major and the minor.