The mission of Recreational Services is to meet the recreation, fitness and health enhancement needs of the University community and the greater Flint community. Comprehensive programs, services, and facilities are planned, designed and implemented toward improving quality of life for participants, supporting the academic mission of the University, and providing settings and opportunities for enhancing community and University relations.
The University of Michigan - Flint Recreation Center shall:
- Serve the health and fitness needs of the students, faculty and staff of the University of Michigan-Flint.
- Serve the health and fitness needs of the alumni of the University of Michigan-Flint.
- Serve the health and fitness needs of the greater Flint community.
- Provide a clean, safe and comprehensive recreation facility.
- Provide a courteous, well-trained staff to serve facility guests.
- Provide a setting in which the relationship between the University and the community is enhanced.
- Provide leisure experiences which improve the quality of life for those who choose to participate.