The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) has limited funding to assist faculty with their international travel each year. Support for international travel is intended for faculty who are actually presenting their scholarly and creative works at an international conference or a session organizer/chair, rather than intending to just attend the conference. International travel grants are awarded on a competitive basis and the number of awards will depend upon the number and amounts of requests and available funding. ORSP will provide up to 75% of your total travel expenses, up to $1,500, contingent upon the academic unit providing the remaining 25%.
- Full-time tenure-track or tenured faculty member who has been invited to present research or creative work at an international conference*
- Full-time tenure-track or tenured faculty member who has been invited to an international conference* as a session organizer/chair
- Deadline for application for funds for travel in summer-early fall 2017 is February 10, 2017.
- Deadline to apply for travel funds for travel in late fall - winter semester FY 2018 will be set for early fall 2017 (TBD).
*Per University policy, Hawaii and Alaska are considered international conference venues.
- The cover sheet includes a convenient, calculating budget form.
- Maximum award per request: $1,500.
ORSP will provide up to 75% of your travel expenses, up to $1,500, contingent upon the academic unit providing the remaining 25%.
Meals and incidentals should be calculated using the Federal Government per diem rate for your travel destination.
Two written, coach-class airfare estimates are required to substantiate airfare requests.
- Download and save the International Travel cover sheet. The cover sheet includes a convenient, calculating budget form.
- Write an abstract of approximately 300 words describing the conference and the research or creative work you will present, or the role you will have at the conference.
- Complete the cover sheet.
- Submit the cover sheet and abstract to your department for signature.
- After obtaining department and college signatures, go to the online application form. The online application is only available when submissions are being accepted.
- Complete and submit the online form and attach the abstract, completed coversheet, and airfare estimates.
- The Research and Creative Activity Committee will evaluate all applications using this rubric.
Within 60 days after return from the conference, the grant recipient must provide a short report to the Office of Research, which will be made available to the RCAC. The final report should include:
- A copy of the conference program,
- A copy of the paper presented, and
- A detailed budget summary including a description of any deviation from the original plans.