The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) has limited funding to assist faculty with their international travel each year. Support for international travel is intended for faculty who are actually presenting their scholarly and creative works at an international conference or a session organizer/chair, rather than intending to just attend the conference. International travel grants are awarded on a competitive basis and the number of awards will depend upon the number and amounts of requests and available funding. ORSP will provide up to $1,500, contingent upon a match from applicant's academic unit.
- Full-time tenure-track or tenured faculty member who has been invited to present research or creative work at an international conference*
- Full-time tenure-track or tenured faculty member who has been invited to an international conference* as a session organizer/chair
- Deadline to apply for travel funds for Winter, 2018 is Friday, February 23, 2018.
*Per University policy, Hawaii and Alaska are considered international conference venues.
- Provide budget details in InfoReady Review.
ORSP will provide up to up to $1,500, contingent upon a match of equal or greater value from the academic department.
Meals and incidentals should be calculated using the Federal Government per diem rate for your travel destination.
Two economy-class airfare estimates are requested to verify airfare costs.
- Include an abstract of approximately 300 words describing the conference and the research or creative work you will present, or the role you will have at the conference, in the online submission system.
- You will be asked to provide your chair's email address to route the application for departmental approval, and the online application form will be routed for the Dean's approval after the submission deadline. The online application is only available when submissions are being accepted.