In addition to funding available from the UM-Flint Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, UM-Ann Arbor Office of Research (UMOR) offers support for research, scholarship, and creative activities in all fields. Instructional Faculty, Research Faculty, Research Scientists, Librarians, Curators, and Archivists are eligible. Applications are reviewed by peer faculty. UMOR's intent is to:
- Help support areas of research and scholarship where external funds are scarce or unavailable.
- Assist in maintaining the base activities of high-quality projects between funding cycles
- Cost share for equipment and infrastructure on sponsored activity
- Seed novel, high-risk, innovative, inter-unit projects
- Assist with colloquia, symposia, and other events that promote the evolution of new research ideas and collaborations.
- Assist junior faculty in establishing new research programs
To review eligibility and funding guidelines, please visit the UMOR website.
As several of these opportunities require cost-sharing, anyone interested in applying for OVPR funds is requested to contact the Office of Research prior to submitting an application. The awarding of funds from OVPR does not automatically guarantee cost-sharing funds from UM-Flint. For questions regarding OVPR funding, please contact the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.