Requesting a Room/Suite Change

Once residence hall assignments are made, we will not be able to consider room changes until the second week of classes. 

Residents may request a suite/room change by filling out the below form and/or contacting Housing and Residential Life.  Any change must be authorized in advance and in writing by the Office of Housing and Residential Life. Changes may take place based on an approved room swap or discussion with the Hall Director. Housing and Residential Life will not honor informal or different procedures.  Individuals may not occupy any space to which they have not been assigned (originally or through room swap, waitlist, or other authorized process), even if it appears to be vacant. Residents must ensure that any unassigned space, including furnishings, in their room or suite is in a condition ready for a new occupant at all times.


Room Change Request

Thank you for your request. A member of the Housing and Residential Life Staff team will be in touch to schedule a meeting with you. This request is not a guarantee you will be approved to switch rooms; however, it is the first step in the room change process.

Questions? Please email or call us at (810) 237-6571

Need assistance with this form?