Criminal Justice (CRJ) information
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Koch
- Grade point average of 3.5 for the first 55 hours
- SOC 100 - Introduction to Sociology (3)
- PSY 100 - Principles of Psychology (3)
- POL 120 - American National Government and Politics (3)
- SOC 270 - Race and Ethnic Relations (3)
- AFA 270 - Race and Ethnic Relations (3)
- A course in philosophy
A. Criminal Justice
All requirements for the Criminal Justice General Program (BA), to include:
- SOC 210 - Introduction to Social Research (3) (ordinarily elected in the sophomore year)
Recommended for the sophomore year, one from:
- SOC 215 - General Statistics (3)
- PSY 322 - Basic Statistics and Probability (4)
- An equivalent course approved by the advisor
Taken in the junior year:
- SOC 384 - Criminology (3).
- CRJ 391 - Directed Reading/Research in Criminal Justice (1-3).
All requirements of the University Honors Program, to include:
- CRJ 496 - Honors Thesis I (4).
- CRJ 497 - Honors Thesis II (4).
Prospective Honors Program students are urged to acquaint themselves as early as possible with the particular procedures for acceptance into the Criminal Justice Program’s Honors Concentration. See the departmental honors advisor or the Honors Program Director for this information.
Minimum Credits for the Degree: 120 credits