- Core requirements.
SOC 100 , SOC 210 , SOC 215 ; SOC 302 or SOC 303 , SOC 499 .
- Eighteen additional credits in sociology.
- Nine credits in upper division courses, to be chosen in consultation with the advisor, from the cognate fields of anthropology, criminal justice, economics, history, political science, psychology, and/or social work.
- All requirements of the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Bachelor of Arts degree, including distribution requirements in addition to general education requirements .
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Barnes
- All requirements of the Sociology General Program (BA) . SOC 210 is ordinarily elected in the sophomore year.
- Statistics. SOC 215 , PSY 322 , or an equivalent approved by the advisor, recommended for the sophomore year.
- SOC 495 and SOC 496 , Honors Thesis I and II (4 credits each).
- All requirements of the University Honors Program .
Prospective Honors Program students are urged to acquaint themselves as early as possible with the requirements above as well as with the particular procedures for acceptance into the Sociology Department’s Honors Program. See the departmental honors advisor or the Honors Program Director for this information.Read More