Faculty Advisor: Dr. Barnes
Prospective Honors Program students are urged to acquaint themselves as early as possible with the requirements below as well as with the particular procedures for acceptance into the Sociology Department’s Honors Program. See the departmental honors advisor or the Honors Program Director for this information.
All requirements of the Sociology General Program (BA) to include:
Ordinarily elected in the sophomore year:
- SOC 210 - Introduction to Social Research (3)
Recommended for the sophomore year, one of the following, or an equivalent approved by the advisor:
- SOC 215 - General Statistics (3)
- PSY 322 - Basic Statistics and Probability (4)
All requirements for the University Honors Program , to include:
- SOC 495 - Honors Thesis I (4).
- SOC 496 - Honors Thesis II (4).
Minimum Credits for the Degree: 120 credits