Reporting Crimes to Law Enforcement
University community members, students, faculty, staff and guests are encouraged to report all crimes and public safety related incidents to police in a timely manner. Bystanders or witnesses are encouraged to report when a victim is unable to report.
University of Michigan-Flint Department of Public Safety (DPS)
*DPS has police jurisdiction on any U-M-Flint property; if the incident occurred off-campus the report should go the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction. DPS can help you determine the applicable law enforcement jurisdiction.
Flint Police Department -> Genesee County 911 Communications Center
Dial 911 for emergency and non-emergency incidents
Office of Human Resources - Institutional Equity
(for students, faculty, and staff)
Institutional Equity Specialist Kirstie Stroble213 University Pavilion(810) 237-6517; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Institutional Equity Specialist (IES) provides:
- Information, consultation, training and resources to the Campus community with regard to diversity, harassment and discrimination prevention, affirmative action, equal opportunity and disability matters;
- Individual consultation with Campus community managers, supervisors, staff, faculty, students, and administrators;
- Neutral investigation for all complaints of harassment and discrimination;
- Support for the Campus’ compliance efforts in the areas of equal opportunity, affirmative action, harassment and discrimination prevention, and compliance with all applicable State and Federal civil rights laws.
- Interpreting, communicating and applying the University’s policies and procedures
- Resolving workplace challenges, and developing appropriate goals and objectives
- Developing strategies to create high-performing teams
- Identifying training initiatives and
- Addressing many other workplace needs including allegations of workplace harassment, or unfair treatment