Report to DPS

Reporting Crimes to Law Enforcement


University community members, students, faculty, staff and guests are encouraged to report all crimes and public safety related incidents to police in a timely manner. Bystanders or witnesses are encouraged to report when a victim is unable to report.

University of Michigan-Flint Department of Public Safety (DPS)
(810) 762-3333
*DPS has police jurisdiction on any U-M-Flint property; if the incident occurred off-campus the report should go the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction. DPS can help you determine the applicable law enforcement jurisdiction.

Flint Police Department -> Genesee County 911 Communications Center
Dial 911 for emergency and non-emergency incidents

Report to UM-Flint

To Report to the University -

Office of Human Resources - Institutional Equity 

(for students, faculty, and staff)

Institutional Equity Specialist Kirstie Stroble

213 University Pavilion
(810) 237-6517;

The Institutional Equity Specialist (IES) provides:

  • Information, consultation, training and resources to the Campus community with regard to diversity, harassment and discrimination prevention, affirmative action, equal opportunity and disability matters;
  • Individual consultation with Campus community managers, supervisors, staff, faculty, students, and administrators;
  • Neutral investigation for all complaints of harassment and discrimination;
  • Support for the Campus’ compliance efforts in the areas of equal opportunity, affirmative action, harassment and discrimination prevention, and compliance with all applicable State and Federal civil rights laws.

Additional Services:

  • Interpreting, communicating and applying the University’s policies and procedures
  • Resolving workplace challenges, and developing appropriate goals and objectives
  • Developing  strategies to create high-performing teams
  • Identifying training initiatives and
  • Addressing many other workplace needs including allegations of workplace harassment, or unfair treatment



Report to UM-Flint

To Report to the University -

Associate Vice Chancellor & Dean of Students

(for students)

375 University Center

(810) 762-5728;