Parking Violations

The Department of Public Safety issues parking violation tickets to vehicles parked in violation of Flint ordinances and university regulations. Parking enforcement is continuous for violators of handicap, fire zones, and prohibited parking areas. Permit violations are enforced with time restrictions throughout the year.

Once a parking violation is issued, the violation is turned over to the Flint Police Department and the 68th District Court. The 68th District Court has complete authority over the final disposition of all violations

What to do if I get a violation?
If you receive a parking violation, you can contest it or pay the fine.

To contest a parking violation:
Contact the 68th District Court at (810) 766-8968. You can call the Department of Public Safety for an explanation of the violation. Make an appointment at the 68th District Court to discuss the violation with the court magistrate.

To pay the violation:
Use the pre-addressed envelope on the parking violation. Do not send cash. Only checks or money orders are accepted. Seal the payment in the envelope, attach a stamp, and drop it in any mailbox.