The School of Health Professions and Studies Advisory Board provides an added dimension to the school in its ongoing efforts to stimulate the involvement of diverse constituencies, from multiple health professions, ranging from students to faculty, businesses, community-based organizations, and not-for-profit organizations.
The SHPS Advisory Board advises the Dean, Management Team, and the Director of the Urban Health and Wellness Center to enhance the overall effectiveness of our campus-community relationships, alumni relations, annual capital campaign, and development activities. The SHPS Advisory Board contributes to the vision of the school and the mission of the UHWC by:
- Providing a community perspective regarding the strategic direction of the School of Health Professions and Studies and the Urban Health and Wellness Center.
- Promoting the school and center to its various external constituents.
- Increasing public awareness of the programs and activities of the school.
- Serving as an advocate for the school.
- Assisting with identifying and acquiring additional resources from individuals, organizations and corporations to support the mission of the school.
- Facilitating the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and students.
- Strengthening the collaborative relationships between the school, the center, and its various external constituents.