Faculty-Led Study Abroad Trip to China: Summer 2014
SWR 389: 6 Credits
A faculty led global experience that includes face to face course instruction in Xi’an, China. The project based course is intended to engage students in inter-cultural exchange and interdisciplinary learning, while completing a project of mutual interest and global significance. This initiative is meant introduce students to culturally responsive research methods and IRB requirements. The course examines the context of global socio-economic trends and populations at risk. This pilot course initiative is meant to build collaborations among interdisciplinary students enrolled at the University of Michigan-Flint (Flint, Michigan) and Shaanxi Normal University (Xian, China) in a meaningful way.
Shaanxi Normal University (view their website)
Requirements & Information:
- All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply
- All majors are eligible to apply
- Guest students are eligible to apply
- Students must be in good academic standing
- Students must provide name and contact information for at least two references, one of whom has been the student's instructor
- Study abroad scholarships for faculty-led programs are available (view the application).
- Application & $150 Deposit Deadline: January 24, 2014
- 50% of program fee: Friday, February 21, 2014
- Remainder of program fee: Friday, March 14, 2014
Costs and Applying
For more information and how to apply, visit the International Center website.