Lansing Community College
In 2006, the University of Michigan-Flint and Lansing Community College signed an Articulation Agreement to provide an easy transition for Lansing Community College students transferring to the University of Michigan-Flint.
Accordingly, Lansing Community College students will be able to transfer the following courses with a C or better. These students will then have to complete the business core courses and the requirements of the concentration of their choice at the University of Michigan-Flint. Please check the transfer equivalency page of the University of Michigan-Flint Office of Admissions for the transfer situation of other Lansing Community courses that fulfills the general education requirements.
Lansing Community College students intending to transfer to the University of Michigan-Flint for a Bachelor of Business Administration degree needs to take the following courses at Lansing Community College:
|University of Michigan - Flint||Lansing Community College|
|Pre-Business Courses||Course Equivalent|
|MTH 118 or MTH 121||MATH 141 or MATH 151 or MATH 161|
|ECN 201||ECON 202|
|ECN 202||ECON 201|
|PSY 100 or SOC 100||PCYC 200* or SOCL 120
*Required for marketing students
|BUS 110||BUSN 118|
|BUS 115||CITA 226 and CITA 233|
|ACC 201||ACCG 210|
|ACC 202||ACCG 211|
|MGT 211||MGMT 335 or STAT 170 or STAT 215|
|BUS 250||LEGL 215|
|Business Core Courses||Course Equivalent|
|MGT 341||MGMT 225|
|Focus Elective Courses||Course Equivalent|
|Two-Course Elective (6-8 hours): 300 - 400 level course options available in areas such as: economics, communication, computer science, ethics, foreign language, international studies/history, or sociology/anthropology||Please see your LCC Counselor or contact the UM-Flint School of Management advisors at (866) 763-6221 for more information|
|General Education||Course Equivalent|
|First Year Experience (FYE): UNV 100||Required if transferring with less than 25 credits.|
|English Composition: ENG 112||ENGL 122 or ENGL 132 or WRIT 122 or WRIT 132|
|Social Science (S) - 6 credit hours||ECON 201 and ECON 202|
|Humanities (H) - 6 credit hours||Refer to the transfer equivalency page.|
|Global Studies (GS) - 3 credit hours||Refer to the transfer equivalency page.|
|Fine Arts (F) - 3 credit hours||Refer to the transfer equivalency page.|
|Health and Well Being (HW) - 3 credit hours||Refer to the transfer equivalency page.|
|Finance and Quantitative Literacy (FQ) - 3 credit hours||MATH 141 or MATH 151 or MATH 161|
|Natural Science (N/NL) - 4 credit hours with a lab||Refer to the transfer equivalency page.|
|Technology (T) - 3 credit hours||CITA 226 AND CITA 233|
|Capstone (CAP) - 3 credit hours: BUS 489|
- Completion of specific course requirements in english, mathematics, economics, and business administration, totaling 120 or more credits.
- Completion of at least 48 credit hours in business core and concentration courses, including at least 36 credits in upper-division courses in business.
- Achievement of minimum grade point averages of 2.0 in the overall college work, 2.0 in courses taken in the School of Management, and 2.0 in the concentration program.
- Completion of at least 30 credit hours of business courses at the University of Michigan - Flint.
- Completion of at least 45 credits while enrolled at the University of Michigan - Flint (in residence).
- Completion of the two non-business focus electives.
- Grade of "C" or better is required for courses to transfer.
- Students must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA to be considered for admission to the university.