Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Learning Goals
Learning Objectives (LO) for LG 1 - Mastery of discipline specific knowledge
- Demonstrate comprehension of accounting
- Demonstrate comprehension of finance
- Demonstrate comprehension of marketing
- Demonstrate comprehension of quantitative methods
- Demonstrate comprehension management (organizational behavior, human resource management, and operations management)
- Demonstrate comprehension of economics
- Demonstrate comprehension of international and global business issues
- Demonstrate comprehension of legal and social issues
Learning Objectives (LO) for LG 2 - Understanding of ethical issues and ability to use ethics-based reasoning
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and critique the merits of two opposing perspectives of an ethical issue.
- Demonstrate the ability to support a position on an ethical issue with sound analysis.
Learning Objectives (LO) for LG 3 - Effective oral and written communication skills
- Prepare and deliver a coherent, professional presentation on a business issue
- Demonstrate the ability to write a clear, concise, and well-organized analysis of a business case, using correct grammar, composition, and spelling
Learning Objectives (LO) for LG 4 - Ability to work effectively within a group
- Demonstrate ability to contribute substantively to the product of a group
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a group process
- Demonstrate ability to establish effective working relationships with group members and work to resolve any interpersonal conflicts
Learning Objectives (LO) for LG 5 - Ability to think critically
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively use data to analyze a business issue
- Demonstrate the ability to apply an appropriate theory or model to a specific analysis
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize data to arrive at reasoned conclusions
- Demonstrate the ability to suggest a solution to or improvement regarding the business issue in question
Learning Objectives (LO) for LG 6 - Ability to utilize business decision support and productivity tools
- Demonstrate ability to utilize spreadsheet technology to enhance analysis and presentation of data related to a specific business issue.
- Demonstrate use of computer-based productivity tools to enhance an oral presentation of a business issue.
- Demonstrate ability to locate and use Internet data sources
Learning Objectives (LO) for LG 7 – Understanding the Impact of Diversity on Organizations
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize the distinctiveness of each person's experience and respect the individuality and dignity of each member.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others regardless of the degree of diversity
- Demonstrate understanding of the various dimensions of diversity